Technology and Software as a Service (SAAS) businesses often follow a fast-track growth path which brings its own unique challenges and opportunities. Pressure is on to be efficient with development time and maximise the sales channels available.
Shipleys has been delighted to support many technology and SAAS businesses throughout their evolution. We have a track-record in helping them comfortably achieve their growth and performance targets.
Technology and SAAS accounting and tax – how we help
The nature of our support takes many forms across the lifecycle of a business. From firstly ensuring a start-up is compliant and on a firm footing when established, we go on to support its growth and expansion as the business evolves. Then when it comes to raising finances, acquisition, or exit planning for business owners, we continue to provide practical advice and guidance.
The technology and SAAS businesses we support are often backed by private equity investment and we are highly experienced in the reporting and metrics these businesses require.
Our team of specialists provide sector-specific expertise and advice in these areas:
- Business tax structuring including group structures and joint ventures
- R&D tax credit applications
- Due diligence
- Corporate finance and aiding fundraising
- Business sales, mergers and acquisitions
- Making sense of complex accounting technical issues and legislation
- Reports for existing investors and potential investment including forecasting and analysis
- Online bookkeeping (cloud accounting)
- Accounts reports for sales, revenue and cash flow modelling
- Accounts production and statutory filing
- Tax advice and compliance – Corporation Tax, VAT, Income Tax, National Insurance Contributions, International Tax
As your team grows…
At the heart of many a technology business is the talent of its people. As a business grows, our team of specialists help it meet its employer obligations and build a strong and motivated team to deliver its growth plans. Our work in this area involves:
- Share option schemes to incentivise and retain key employees
- Employee ownership trusts
- HR advice
- Payroll services, P11D compliance and auto-enrolment pensions
- Off payroll (IR35) contractors vs employees – advice and compliance
Technology and SAAS businesses we support
This is a highly dynamic sector as businesses look to deliver software development roadmaps efficiently, keep products updated and launch new ones. Our clients include software development companies for end-user and/or trade use and those specialising in app development. We also have an expertise in the video games sector.
Through our membership of AGN international, a global association of separate and independent accounting and advisory businesses, we are often help clients with cross-territory business opportunities. Our AGN representatives can advise on the compliance implications of a specific jurisdiction, and we have international tax advisers on our team.
Can we help?
At Shipleys we build close, personal, long-term relationships with our clients and become a trusted adviser they can always turn to for practical advice and solutions. If you’d like to learn more about how we can help your technology or SAAS business, contact one of the team shown on this page.