The Legal Sector continues to evolve with continued consolidation in the market, new competition from the alternative business structures (ABS), contracting client legal panels and an appetite for fixed fees.
At Shipleys LLP, we have helped many legal practices put their business on a robust footing to meet successfully the ongoing market challenges. We have a specialist team who fully understand the nuances of legal firm businesses, their operations and their tax and accounting needs.
Specialist advice and support to help your practice thrive
Whether you’re a small, medium or large practice, we can help you with issues such as:
- Having the right corporate structure for your practice – such as LLP, Limited Company or other structures
- Compliance with the Solicitors Regulation Authority accounting guidelines
- Mixed member partnership rules
- Tax planning and compliance – for the practice and individual Partners or Directors
- Financial and strategic planning – for the practice and also individuals
- VAT advice, support and compliance with Making Tax Digital
- Advice on cash flow management, revenue and the financial implications of work in progress
- Outsourced accounting, bookkeeping and payroll to support your internal systems
- Forensic accounting advice and evidence
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Succession planning, employee ownership trusts, company share buybacks
- Cross-border structuring for set-up in the UK
- Partner dispute resolution planning
A valued partner
What sets us apart is our focus is on getting to know you, your objectives and priorities. We build close, personal, long-term relationships with our clients to become a trusted adviser you can always turn to for practical advice and solutions.
Through our membership of AGN international, a global association of separate and independent accounting and advisory businesses, our clients have access to local rules and practices across the globe.
Experience and knowledge
We have worked with many legal sector clients including those specialising in family law, real estate, corporate and commercial and private wealth – as well as sector legal specialists in technology, media and entertainment, sports, retail and healthcare.
We also share latest thinking and developments affecting legal firms. For example, have a look at this clip from our recent Accounting Issues for Solicitor Practices webinar for Lexis Nexis.
Or sign up to access the whole recording.
For further information
If you'd like to learn more about our specialist services and expertise for legal firms, contact one of the team shown on this page.