Working with Carbon Neutral Britain, we calculated our total carbon emissions and are offsetting them by supporting a wide range of projects around the world. These focus on reforestation projects and others that help provide education, employment, clean water, and energy to communities, as well as having a positive impact on the local wildlife and ecology.
Watch this short video to explain.
We are also working hard in our work to make a positive difference to climate change by, for example:
- Having motion sensors in our office’s lighting to reduce unnecessary use
- Using recycled paper supporting the World Land Trust as well as FSC-supported paper for our printed promotional materials
- Having migrated many of our documents to digital and introduced secure electronic signing, and portals in work with clients as part of our efforts to become paperless
- Recycling our waste
- Offering a cycle-to-work scheme to our staff
- Phasing out paper cups in our office kitchens
- Removing plastic bottled water for meetings
Commenting on the development, Shipleys LLP Principal – Rob Wood – said, “We are delighted to have become a carbon neutral business and are grateful for the help and support Carbon Neutral Britain has given us. This is part of a longer journey for Shipleys, and we will continue to measure and reduce our emissions each year.”
For more information, talk with your Shipleys contact or one of our offices.
Specific advice should be obtained before taking action, or refraining from taking action, in relation to this summary. If you would like advice or further information, please speak to your usual Shipleys contact.
Copyright © Shipleys LLP 2023