Renewable and low carbon energy is a key growth sector as people and businesses all over the world commit to making a positive and significant impact on the causes of climate change.
Leveraging current and emergent renewable technologies is at the heart of a global low-carbon future through carbon emissions reduction. It makes for a hugely innovative sector which Shipleys LLP is excited to be involved with.
We regularly support renewable energy businesses embracing a wide range of cutting-edge technologies including:
- onshore and offshore wind
- solar heating and photovoltaics
- deep geothermal
- heat pumps
- bioenergy and wastes including plant and animal biomass and anaerobic digestion.
Growth in the sector in the UK has been impressive over recent years, aided by direct capital raising and financing through consumer investment funds. There have also been tax efficiencies for both investors and businesses alike.
How we help
We have a proven track-record helping entrepreneurs, established energy businesses, funds and fund managers in the sector. Our specialist work includes:
- Business structure, including start-ups, group structures and joint ventures
- Formulation of Special Purchase Vehicles
- Accounts production and filing
- Business planning and forecasting
- Corporation tax planning and compliance
- VAT planning and compliance
- Research and development tax credits
- Due diligence
- Cash flow modelling
- Corporate finance and aiding fundraising
- Business sales, mergers and acquisitions
- Making sense of complex accounting technical issues and legislation
Ongoing global change
International agreements, public opinion and politics are driving global change and at a national level tax breaks, grants, incentives and penalties are very important, both to companies and investors.
Our experience and expertise in the sector enables us to advise on the latest tax and financial positions to aid business growth plans, and/or satisfy investors’ knowledge requirements.
Can we help?
If you would like to talk to one of our Renewable Energy specialists, contact one of the team on tel +44 (0)20 7312 0000
Copyright © Shipleys LLP 2020