Our one year placement for students studying towards their degree is an excellent way to get an insight into our business and experience how other businesses in a variety of sectors operate.
Working on real projects, you’ll help our clients to grow and be encouraged to develop your skills every day.
You’ll be expected to meet the following requirements, or equivalents:
- Minimum of 3 A Levels Grade 9 – 4
- Minimum Grade 4 GCSE Maths
- Minimum Grade 4 in GCSE English
What will you be doing?
- Gaining exposure to a wide range of our clients working in sectors like entertainment, financial services, technology start-ups, property, etc.
- Experiencing what life is like in an accountancy firm in Central London with excellent access to great work/life balance.
- The chance to work with a mix of staff at all different levels from graduate trainees to seniors, managers and partners.
- Working on Audit testing and accounts preparation files, reviewing client records and use them to create a set of accounts.
- Creation of trial balances and set up of working papers/schedules.
- General administrative tasks including drafting letters and data entry.
- The opportunity to visit client premises to see how businesses function – *Covid dependent.
- Work on permanent audit files to understand all about how businesses work.
- Use of cloud based accounting software.
- Tax returns, preparation, corporate tax, VAT and more
This industrial placement year will begin in Summer 2024.
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Exposure to high quality and varied clients whilst working within a friendly and proactive team.
- The opportunity to develop your marketing and business development skills.
- Highly competitive annual salary.
- Salary review annually in January.
- Enhanced Pension Scheme.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- Private Medical Insurance for yourself and direct family.
- Life Assurance cover at four times salary.
- Group Income Protection.
- 23 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Access to a number of other benefits through a cashplan.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Season Ticket Loan.
How to apply
To submit your interest in Shipley’s Placement Scheme, please send your CV and completed application form to email@example.com